Terms and Conditions
- Hyde Insurance Services who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You can find our details on the FCA register under firm number 498486. We respect the privacy of visitors to our website. Hyde Insurance Services Clients is registered as a data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Hyde Insurance Services,
29a Portsmouth Road,
By Telephone: 023 8044 5090 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Or email: email@example.com
By using this site, you are giving us permission to use the data you
- Your Rights.
- You may request a copy of the information we hold about you. We will be happy to provide you with such information upon request and the payment of £10 in order to cover our administrative expenses in relation to your request. If at any time after you have provided personal information to us you want to object to your personal data being used by us, you need to contact us as described above. We will endeavour to process your request as fast as possible but please allow 28 days for such a request.
- Information that we collect from you.
- We appreciate the importance of responsible use of this information. To take advantage of some of the services we offer, you might be required to provide us with certain information about yourself. This may include doing things such as registering your contact details or completing certain forms on our website. You may also be asked to provide us with information about yourself if you wish to participate in any discussion forums, enter any contest or competition on our website or if you choose to contact us for any reason. We may also collect details of your visit to our website and your use of it. Information you may provide includes but is not limited to your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address.
- If you give us your personal information, we will use it to provide you with the quote comparison information you request. We may also from time to time contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, or email to provide information that may be of interest to you, including our newsletter, special offers and details about the services we offer. If you request a quote comparison through our website, we will forward the personal information you submit to selected insurers, insurance brokers and other related third parties to enable us to obtain a quote for you. We cannot provide a quote comparison to you unless we are able to share your personal information in this way.
- Sensitive personal data.
- The nature of our business is such that we may also on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. Examples include questions relating to criminal convictions for the purpose of providing car insurance quotations or your health profile for life insurance. By proceeding with obtaining a quote, we will take that as your explicit consent to such information being processed by ourselves and the relevant third party product providers.
You can tell us to stop sending you marketing information at any time by contacting us via our contact us page.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that we may for the purposes set out above disclose your information to our agents and service providers, some of which may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries providing less protection for personal data than the UK
- Cookies, importantly help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to enhance your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you. They also monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our website to help us improve the website design and layout.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any web site to which we provide links, any third party content provider, other third party offering goods and services or any content framed around our website and what such sites, links or third party may do with any personal information that you may provide to them.
- How will we use your data?
- We (or third parties acting on our behalf) may use your personal information in the following ways:
• to provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us and/or/
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and/or
• to contact you by letter, telephone, SMS or e-mail to inform you about other products and services which may be of interest to you; and/or
• notify you of our news, changes to the website, special events or other services we think may interest you.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties who provide the products and services that you have enquired about via our website. We also may need to disclose your personal information where it is necessary to comply with any applicable laws or to protect ourselves or our users (including exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection), or in the event that we sell our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business.
- How do we store your personal information and keep it secure?
- As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure. The personal information that we collect from you may also be transferred to and stored outside of the European Economic Area.
- Credit Checks.
- To ensure insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments.
- Information and Disclaimers.
- We use reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this web site is up to date and accurate. While we take precautions to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions, the user of this web site should not take the accuracy of the information for granted but should check directly with us. None of the material contained in this web site is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. We have no control over the use to which the information may be put by you and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. The statutory rights of a customer dealing with us shall remain unaffected.
- Terms and Conditions of use of this web site.
- We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the use of this web site or the reliance on information in it. The content of this paragraph and its disclaimers and exclusions shall apply to the maximum extent permissible by applicable laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Hyde Insurance Services is an independent intermediary regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 308498